I like to purchase chicken breasts in bulk because they’re cheaper and then I divvy them up by two’s, three’s, or four’s and store them in labeled plastic bags in the freezer. But I’m known for buying in bulk — my daughter would love to tell you about the time I ran into the market to buy eggs and came out with 15 chickens because they were on sale.
I buy the prosciutto already packaged instead of waiting at the deli counter. You’ll find it in the section of the grocery store with the salami, sausage, and other imported sliced meats.
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- sliced prosciutto — you’ll need 4 slices
- kosher salt (I like the coarse)
- black pepper (I like the coarse grind a.k.a. butcher ground)
- grated Romano cheese
- grated Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- fresh sage leaves
- all-purpose flour
- olive oil
- dry white wine
- unsalted butter