Many of you novice cooks might have smallish refrigerators, especially if you’re living in an apartment in a major city. So I’ve tried toning down my list to accommodate you!
- Assorted olives — Kalamata, green pimento-stuffed, and your favorite
- Butter — unsalted and tub for spreading
- Celery and carrots
- Cheese — whipped cream, grated Romano, block of Parmesan, sliced Cheddar, grated Gruyere
- Fresh fruits — avocado, apples, lemons, limes — once ripened — and whatever else you like
- Fresh veggies – carrots, celery, cucumbers, lettuce — whatever else you eat regularly
- Half & Half – optional — I use in coffee
- Maple syrup — the real stuff!
- Mayonnaise — please not the sweetened variety
- Milk — optional