This is another technique you need to add to your arsenal, especially if you live in the South where the holy trinity of aromatics is onion, celery, and green bell pepper.
I have a trick to share with you that will make prepping bell peppers — whether sliced or chopped — much easier. The first thing you need to do is slice off both ends of the pepper. That’s the trick! You’ll avoid the curled up ends of a pepper that make cutting it a challenge.
1. Cut off both ends of the pepper.
2. Slice wide pieces of the pepper from top to bottom, leaving the core intact.
3. Remove the membrane from the strips.
4. If you want to have sliced peppers, thinly slice the peppers after removing the membrane.
5. If you want chopped peppers, rotate the slices 90 degrees, keeping them together, and slice through in the opposite direction.
6. Voila! You have diced peppers.