- 1 ripe mango, cut into 1/4-inch dice (see cutting mangoes)
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper (see bell peppers)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (see mincing garlic)
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion (see chopping a red onion)
- juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 tablespoon) – you need to use a fresh lime!
- sprinkle of salt
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced — same as finely chopping a bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (see parsley or cilantro)
- Gently combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This salsa tastes even better if it’s made a day ahead. The colors are so gorgeous that it’ll make you smile. Try it with chicken as well. There is a bit of chopping to do, but it’s great practice for you to hone your skills 🙂
Grocery Bag: Mango Salsa